Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental organization working in more than 40 countries in the fields of nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water sanitation and hygiene, and care practices. ACF is looking for its program in Jordan for WASH Senior Officer
Work place: Jordan – Azraq Camp
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, The wash supervisor will Support building child and youth engagement initiatives and activities in UNICEF Environmental clubs at Makani centres, Provide support to the identification and implementation of high-quality WASH – hygiene promotion & community mobilization activities. Contribute to the weekly and monthly planning and reporting in coordination with WASH PM.
Conduct assessments for water reuse and conservation practices at Makani centres, and provide technical support to install greywater reuse systems in the selected centres.
1: Organize and supervise the activities of the Care Group and community mobilizers.
- Provide induction and ensure proper understanding of programme targets and activities among the team.
- Explain and ensure application of the hygiene promotion and community mobilization methodologies in line with the project activities and targets.
- Schedule team activities weekly and monitor the implementation, with a focus on quality.
- Support the identification of further needs to address and suitable activities to implement.
- Report training needs to the HR Officer and WASH PM;
- Assist in the implementation of training sessions in the base.
2: Plan child and youth engagement initiatives and activities at Makani and other relevant centres.
- Develop the content of sessions on topics such as water conservation, best hygiene practices, etc based on the age group.
- Collects updated information regarding Makani centres and public spaces.
- Maintain relationships with Makani centres teachers and focal points.
- Support and follow up the design, printing and specification selection for the Information, Education and Communication materials.
3: Hygiene Promotion activities for children
- Establish Wash training activities for children in Makani centres and establish a mechanism for the centres to be efficient and effective in WASH activities
- Carry out monitoring activities for the established activities, for both Makani staff and students.
- Closely monitor students and centres staff involvement and progress along with practices.
- Bring creative ideas to increase students and staff, parents roll in the wash activities.
4: Lead, Monitor, evaluate the selection, specification and installation activities for greywater reuse system.
- Support in writing the technical specification for the system
- Contribute to technical assessment for the selected centres
- Contribute to following up the installation activities and ensure the safety measures.
- Provide technical training for the centre’s focal point to use and operate the greywater reuse system.
5: Support WASH Global Event Days (Global Handwashing Day, World Water Day, World Toilet Day).
- Work with WASH program manager on planning WASH global days celebration.
- Work with WASH facilitators, Hygiene promoters, and the school staff to lead and implement Hygiene promotion and global days activities in the school and Makani Center.
- Follow up with the logistic department for any purchase requests on this regards.
- Report on activities timely and accurately
6: Ensure adherence to Action against Hunger gender requirements.
- Commit and comply with the organization gender, age and diversity principles & policies (working with people, communication)
- Support on the implementation and the promotion of gender, age and diversity principles through daily activities and or through the management of their teams (Managing performance & development)
- Knowledge of hygiene promotion and correct practices for water management
- Analytical thinking
- Planning and organizational skills
- Dynamism, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced communication skills
- Experience in training
- Computer skills
- Available to work in challenging and remote areas.
University degree in environmental science, mechanical or civil engineering or any related field. Or /Social science background with 2 years experience in humanitarian WASH.
Type of professional experience requested:
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in related field (Community mobilization, WASH project, Environmental health projects, WASH In school).
- 3 year of recognized experience in a similar position and 2 years of recognized experience in a supervisory role will be asset.
- Professional experience in Hygiene promotion / Community Mobilizations / Behaviour Change and team management, water and sanitation project.
Language level:Fluent in the Arabic and full working efficiency in English Language
Action Against Hunger is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Action Against Hunger has zero-tolerance for bribery, corruption or abuse of power in any form. If you suspect or find yourself in a related situation during your interaction with Action Against Hunger, immediately contact the organization’s management through the following address:
Please note that any application submitted through the abuse report address will not be considered.
How to apply:
The application period closes on 12/06/2021.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Local recruitment is highly encouraged
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Job Location
- Zarqa, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Community Services
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,000 – $1,500
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Environmental Science, Mechanical or Civil Engineering