• Develops knowledge of relevant tax rules and regulations and their associated processes to formulate solutions for client problems
• Conducts research and uses appropriate facts, analysis, and conclusions to draft technical advice, reports, memoranda and other deliverables relevant to tax laws and rules
• Recognizes the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the client
• Collects, assimilates, and analyzes data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions in the Tax and Legal business
• Applies technology knowledge to address client business challenges
• Prepares basic tax returns and refunds by referencing tax implications, opportunities, and their optimization
• Establishes relationships with tax authorities and learns the local tax organizational structure, responsibilities, rights and obligations of taxpayers, tax authorities, and Deloitte
• Follows the principles and structure of legislation and related concentration, development in law, published tax authority positions, and court cases
• Applies customs laws, rulings, and jurisprudence (fiscal and non-fiscal) principles and the interaction of customs and global trade (CGT) laws with non-CGT disciplines to projects
• Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communications skills required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field
• Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.3)
• Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
• Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English)
Deloitte is the world’s largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity