At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Security Administrator, you will be based in Jubail and be responsible for various security operations tasks like configuration and execution of changes on security controls & technologies, triage of security incidents and follow-up on remediation activities. If you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative workplace, have a passion to cyber security and you are eager to continuously learn and develop your technical skills, IBM provides you an environment where you will be challenged and inspired to grow every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here.
– Configuration & Management of UTMs/firewalls (Palo Alto experience preferred) and Endpoint security technologies including NGAV and EDR.
– Configuration & Management of Network security technologies (NAC, VPN, IPSEC)
– Configuration and management of vulnerability scanning tools
– Configuration & Management of Cloud security technologies
– Follow up on remediation actions for security incidents.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– 2 -3 years of experience in operations of security controls.
– At least 1 year of experience in analysis of security events and incidents.
– Experience in Infrastructure, Endpoint and Network security tools configuration and management preferably with Palo Alto and Sophos UTMs, Symantec Endpoint Security, Carbon Black Response / Palo Alto Cortex Microsoft Security & Office 365 Security and IBM QRadar SIEM.
– Working knowledge of systems communications from OSI Layer 1 to 7 and experience in identifying and implementation security control at each of the layers. In-depth working knowledge of TCP/IP, protocols and packet analysis.
– Strong knowledge in threat areas and common attack vectors.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
– Security + or CEH certification
– CCNA or any other network certification
– Scripting or Automation knowledge is desirable
– A problem solver mentality with a can-do attitude.
– An ambitious individual who is passionate about all technical and is always eager to learn and improve their skills.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region’s technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company’s history and, today, IBM is much more than a “hardware, software, services” company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.