This role is responsible for ensuring an efficient and effective service is provided to the UAE offices in order to provide for the smooth operation of the day to day business of the firm.
• Liaising with the Partners to ensure a firm wide consistent and on budget approach to the provision of the management of the offices
• Liaising with the UK Operations Director, Operations Manager and UK Business Service Directors to ensure a firm wide consistent and on-budget approach for the provision of administration services
• Preparation of and assisting with local induction programmes for all new starters and trainees.
• Communicating with London HR on movement of staff i.e. new starters, leavers, trainees and transfers
• To assist with recruitment of support staff for the office
• To supervise business support staff where appropriate
• Organising legalized documents for visa and work permit processes for all staff and dependents.
• Communication with HR Compensation & Benefits team to provide compliance documents required for new starters and dependents and exclude leavers.
• Providing company and staff details and accompanying documents required for annual medical renewals
• Maintenance of staff details including main details, job & pay, holiday entitlements, CV’s, qualifications, probation period dates etc.
• Assigning the new Holiday entitlement year and processing manual adjustments for carried forward holiday balances at year end and communicating any salary amendments required to Finance.
• Ensuring holidays and sick absences are recorded
• Uploading and maintaining Cascade records regarding the work permits, passport and visa details for all staff members and dependents where applicable.
• Ensuring all Government licences for the office and staff are current.
• Maintaining details of and diarizing membership details and all renewal deadlines
• Providing all necessary documents for the renewal of the company’s official documentations and coordinating with the PRO’s to ensure renewals are completed on time.
• Liaison with IS for the set up for Starters, Leavers, temporary staff and visitors
• Quarterly and Annual review of budgets with UK Operations and Finance Managers.
• Approval of UAE Office expenses prior to submission to Finance for payment
• Liaison with Marketing team on all Marketing activities in the UAE offices,
• Creation and maintenance of the Office Manual including constant monitoring and review of office procedures and systems and identifying areas for improvement
• Maintaining the file opening, management and closing procedures in accordance with Firmwide procedures
• Oversee the operation of Front of House and management of PA’s to include allocation of services to Fee earners, holiday and other absence cover arrangements.
• Monitoring of orders and approval of budgeted costs, arranging internal social events and planning and managing internal office moves
• Management of security arrangements for the office including access passes for permanent and temporary staff and visitors. Meeting with Fire Wardens and First Aiders and providing updates following fire drills
• Currently based in the UAE
• Office management experience to include demonstrated licensing, IT, HR, leadership and finance responsibility
• 3+ years of operations experience at an international law firm in the UAE
• Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
• Good leadership and people management skills
• An ability to operate autonomously with minimum supervision
• A responsible and reliable individual
• Flexibility and commitment
• Demonstrable good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Fluent, business level, written and spoken English communication skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office (formatting, track changes, mail merge) Excel (pivot tables and formulas) and Powerpoint
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.