(A Government of India Enterprise)
(Advt. No.: NPCIL/HRM/ET/2020/01)
Recruitment of Executive Trainee – 2020 through GATE 2018/2019/2020
NPCIL Recruitment: NPCIL to induct Executive Trainees in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Civil and Industrial & Fire Safety disciplines by shortlisting candidates based on GATE Scores.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for the post of Executive Trainee. Eligible & interested candidates are required to apply online on dedicated web portal www.npcilcareers.co.in of NPCIL.
NPCIL Recruitment Details
Category wise break up of vacancies:
Discipline & Category wise breakup of vacancies:
|S. No||Discipline||UR||EWS||SC||ST||OBC (NCL)||Total|
|7.||Industrial & Fire Safety||02||–||01||–||02||05|
- BE/B Tech/B Sc (Engineering)/5 year Integrated M Tech with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in one of the 7 engineering disciplines mentioned in the Table below from University/Deemed University or Institute recognized by AICTE/UGC. A minimum of 60% marks means the marks as per the ordinances of the respective university.
- Applicants must have a valid GATE-2018 or GATE-2019 or GATE-2020 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline (except for Industrial & Fire Safety discipline).
- For Industrial & Fire Safety discipline, applicants must have a valid GATE 2018 or GATE-2019 or GATE-2020 Score in Mechanical/Chemical discipline with engineering degree as indicated in the table below.
- Engineering degrees allowed for each discipline are as follows:
|S. No||Discipline||Engineering Degrees allowed|
Electrical & Electronics
Electronics & Communication
Electronics & Telecommunication
Electronics & Controls
Electronics & Instrumentation
Instrumentation & Controls
Instrumentation & Electronics
|7.||Industrial & Fire Safety||
Health Safety & Environment
Fire & Safety Engineering
Safety & Fire Engineering
Industrial & Fire Safety Engineering
Fire Technology & Safety
- *Related degree disciplines such as ‘Electrical’, ‘Electronics & Communication’, ‘Electronics and Controls’ are also eligible to apply under Electronics. However, such candidates must qualify on the basis of a valid GATE score in Electronics. #Candidates with degree disciplines ‘Electrical & Electronics’ or ‘Electronics & Instrumentation’ can apply under either of the disciplines (Electrical or Electronics etc.). However, such candidates must qualify on the basis of a valid GATE score in the discipline in which they wish to be considered.
- Candidates who have done 5 years integrated course leading to M.Tech with a minimum of 60% marks in the relevant discipline may also apply subject to fulfilling other laid down criteria
- Only the above mentioned disciplines will be considered. Courses/ Disciplines with equivalence to the above will not be considered.
- Applicants whose final results are awaited and/or are appearing for the final year/semester examination during 2020, but are otherwise eligible, may also apply. If selected, they will be required to submit the final result indicating completion of degree and percentage of marks (not less than 60%) on or before 30th November, 2020.
Age Limit and Relaxation
(Age as on 02.04.2020)
|S. No||Category||Upper Age Limit (years)||Born on or after|
|2.||OBC (NCL) (relaxation – 03 years)||29||02.04.1991|
|3.||SC/ST (relaxation – 05 years)||31||02.04.1989|
|4.||Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (degree of disability 40% and above) (relaxation – 10 years)||
|5.||PwBD – General/EWS Category||36||02.04.1984|
|6.||PwBD – OBC (NCL) Category||39||02.04.1981|
|7.||PwBD – SC/ST Category||41||02.04.1979|
|8.||Dependents of those who died in riots of 1984 (Dep 1984) (relaxation – 5 years||31||02.04.1989|
|9.||Ex-servicemen and commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers or Short Service Commissioned Officers (Relaxation – 5 years)||31||02.04.1989|
I. For applicants eligible for age relaxation in more than one category, cumulative age relaxation available is subject to a maximum of 56 years.
II. There is no age limit for employees serving in NPCIL who otherwise fulfil the prescribed criteria
- The selected candidates will be required to undergo one year orientation training in any of the Training Facilities as follows.
- Pressurised Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR) Stream : A candidate of this stream shall undergo one-year induction training at any of the Nuclear Training Centers (NTC) of NPCIL sites.
- Light Water Reactor (LWR) Stream :
- A candidate of this stream shall undergo one-year induction training at Nuclear Training Centre (NTC), located at Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KKNPP) Site, Nagarcoil, Tamilnadu.
- For Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and I&FS disciplines, training will be either in Pressurised Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR) Stream or in Light Water Reactor (LWR) Stream. Candidates of these 6 disciplines have to indicate preference of ‘Reactor Stream’ in the online application.
- Candidate of Civil discipline are not required to indicate choice of ‘Reactor Stream’.
- NPCIL reserves the right to change the training stream, venue and duration.
- After successful completion of training and subsequently during service in NPCIL, the Executive Trainees (ETs) may be posted at any DAE establishment, any location in India or abroad depending on organizational requirement. However, initial posting of majority of ETs for Pressurised Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR) Stream – may be predominantly at PHWR operating stations, ongoing projects and upcoming/future projects across the country (please visit npcil.co.in for more details). Initial posting of majority of ETs for Light Water Reactor (LWR) Stream – may be predominantly at LWR operating stations & ongoing projects (at KKNPP Site) and upcoming/future projects across the country (please visit www.npcil.co.in for more details). A few ETs may also be posted at TAPS 1&2 Operating Station, Tarapur, Maharashtra.
- Further, a few ETs may also be posted for other functions such as R&D, Design & Engineering, Procurement, Quality Assurance and such others.
Stipend – During Training:
- Monthly Stipend – ` 55,000/-
- One time Book Allowance – ` 18,000/-
- Mandatory Lodging & Boarding – In accommodation as provided by NPCIL.
Pay – On Appointment as SO/C
After successful completion of training, Executive Trainee will be appointed as Scientific Officer/C in Group ‘A’ as detailed below:
|S. No||Grade||Pay Level in the Pay Matrix||Pay in the Pay Matrix||Dearness Allowance (DA)|
|1.||Scientific Officer/C||Level 10||56,100/-||17% of Pay in the Pay Matrix (as on 01.07.2019)|
|DA is based on the rates notified by Government of India from time to time|
Selected candidates are required to execute an agreement, a personal indemnity bond for Rs.6, 78,000/- (Rupees Six Lakhs Seventy Eight Thousand Only) and a service bond to serve NPCIL for at least three years after successful completion of training. No third party surety is required. Bond amount comprises of 12 months Stipend i.e. Rs.55, 000 X 12 plus One Time Book Allowance i.e. Rs.18, 000/-.
The selection process will comprise of the following:
- Shortlisting of candidates for personal interview for the posts of Executive Trainee 2020 will be done in the order of merit drawn on the basis of valid GATE 2018, GATE 2019 and GATE 2020 Scores by applying ratio of 1:12.
- Candidates obtaining valid GATE 2018/GATE 2019/GATE 2020 scores shall only be eligible. Please note that only GATE 2018/GATE 2019/GATE 2020 score is valid for this recruitment exercise in NPCIL under this advertisement. GATE score of 2017 or of previous GATE examination shall not be entertained.
- Equal weightage will be given to GATE 2018 or GATE 2019 or GATE 2020 Scores. For I&FS discipline, equal weightage will be given for GATE score in Mechanical or Chemical discipline.
- ‘Persons with Benchmark Disabilities’ (PwBDs), will be shortlisted separately by applying 1:12 ratio in each category of disability for which vacancies are reserved.
- Discipline and category wise cut off shall be displayed on recruitment web portal of NPCIL. Result of shortlisting for interview shall be made available to candidates under ‘Application Status’ link through individual login on www.npcilcareers.co.in.
- Intimation of interview date/time/venue will be communicated to shortlisted candidates through Email/SMS. Call letter for appearing for interview will be made available for shortlisted candidates in the website for downloading.
- Final selection will be done on the basis of performance in the Personal Interview. No weightage will be given to GATE Score during the final selection. The qualifying marks for interview are as follows:
- Unreserved – 70 %
- EWS/SC/ST/OBC/ PwBD – 60 %
- Separate merit list based on interview marks will be prepared for each PwBD category for which vacancies are reserved & PwBDs will be selected in the order of merit from this list.
- Result of the interview shall be made available to the candidates through individual login on recruitment website of NPCIL www.npcilcareers.co.in. Text of the Offer of appointment will also be made available for downloading to the empanelled candidates on this website under individual login.
- On receipt of offer, empanelled candidates will be required to exercise their option regarding whether they want to join NPCIL or not on Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP). As the empanelment is depending upon option exercised on COAP, candidates must ensure that they are registered on COAP to be able to exercise the option.
- Tie breaking principle:
In the event of a tie in interview marks, following criteria will be adopted in sequence for deciding position in merit list:
- In case of candidates with equal interview marks, candidate with higher GATE score will be ranked higher.
- Wherever, both interview marks as well as GATE score is equal, candidate senior in age will be ranked higher
Preparation and operation of waitlist
- Waitlist will be limited to equal number of candidates as in the select main list in different disciplines and categories.
- Waitlist will be operated discipline and category wise in the order of merit, in case, any of the selected candidates:
- Opts out of joining in NPCIL by intimating through COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal) of IIT or fails to exercise option of joining in NPCIL through COAP
- Even after opting to join NPCIL through COAP, does not join on the stipulated date of commencement of training i.e. 01st August, 2020.
- Waitlist will remain valid till 17.08.2020 only.
Interview Schedule & Venue
Interviews are scheduled tentatively in the 4th week of April 2020. Interviews will be conducted in four cities viz. Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Bengaluru. Candidates are advised to indicate city of preference to appear for interview in the online application form. However, NPCIL reserves the right to allocate Date/Venue for interview as it may deem fit which will be duly informed to the candidate and no further request for any change shall be entertained in this regard.
- Registration number provided on the Admit Card for GATE 2018/GATE 2019/GATE 2020, as the case may be, issued by GATE Authorities has to be used for applying in NPCIL. Candidates need to ensure that they fill up the GATE Registration Number correctly and apply for the relevant discipline in Online Application Form. Requests for correction in GATE Registration number or Discipline will not be entertained.
- Eligible applicants may apply through online registration system of NPCIL. Applications submitted in any other form including handwritten/ typewritten applications in hard format delivered in person or by other means will not be entertained. DO NOT SEND any of the documents/ application form etc to NPCIL before interview.
Instructions for applying online
- Candidates are requested to read the eligibility criteria and ensure that they meet all the criteria before applying.
- Candidate must ensure that she/he has valid GATE 2018/GATE 2019/GATE 2020 Score with qualifying marks applicable in the discipline against which she/he wish to apply.
- A Candidate has to apply through online application form provided on the website www.npcilcareers.co.in only.
- The online application form will be available on the website from March 24, 2020 (1000 Hrs) to April 02, 2020 (1700 Hrs.).
- It is mandatory to put in all the relevant information such as GATE 2018/GATE 2019/GATE 2020 Registration Number as mentioned on GATE Admit Card of the candidate. COAP Registration Number, qualifying degree details, experience details (if any), percentage of marks, email address (as mentioned while applying for GATE 2018/2019/2020), mobile number (as mentioned while applying for GATE 2018/2019/2020), address for correspondence, soft copy of scanned photograph and signature (JPEG) to complete the online application process and get the Application number. Therefore, applicants are advised to keep such information ready before applying online.
- Before applying online candidate should scan her/his photograph in JPEG format, of size not more than 50KB (maximum 480 X 640 Pixels) and a minimum of 10 KB (minimum 180 x 240 pixels) and signature in JPEG format of size not more than 20KB (maximum 160 x 560 pixels) and a minimum of 80 x 100 pixels. The photograph uploaded will be printed on the interview call letter and only the applicant whose photograph is printed on the call letter will be allowed to appear for interview, if called for.
- Candidate is requested to enter her/his valid and active email address, as all important communications will be sent to this email address. SMS will also be sent to the candidate if an active mobile number for communication is provided. If the mobile number registered by the candidate is in the TRAI NCPR list (formerly called DND), candidate will not receive SMS alerts related to the registration. If candidate wants to receive future SMS alerts from NPCIL related to recruitment of ET-2020, she/he is requested to remove her/his mobile number from the NCPR list through service provider.
viii. The Online registration process consists of following steps:
Step 1. The applicant is required to furnish information such as GATE 2018/GATE 2019/GATE 2020 Registration Number as mentioned on GATE Admit Card of the candidate, Discipline, Name, Date of Birth, Category, Email, Mobile number, PwBD details and other exemption details, if applicable. On successful completion of this stage, activation link is sent to applicant’s email. Click on Apply=>Online Registration link at top/left corner of web page for registration.
Step 2. The applicant is required to activate the account by clicking on the activation link received through email after completing registration in Step 1.
Step 3. On successful completion of this activation, candidate can login using their login id and password to apply online. In this step the applicant is required to fill in all details of his Educational Qualifications, Work Experience etc.
This is a multi stage step where applicant is allowed to go to next stage only on entering the information required for current stage. The sequence of stages is as follows:
- Educational Qualification
- Post Qualification Work Experience, if any.
- Personal Details
- Indicate city of preference for interview
- Indicate choice of ‘Reactor Stream’
- Upload Photo & Signature
- Submit Application
The links for the above stages are available on Apply Online menu (Apply=>Apply Online). The applicant should start by clicking on the “Educational Qualifications” link. Once information is saved, the next stage i.e. Post Qualification Work Experience will be made available for filling up the information.
On entering of all the information related to current stage, the applicant can use “Save and Proceed to Next Step” option at the bottom of form which will save the information entered in current stage and opens the next stage for filling. The next stage can also be opened using link provided in Apply Online menu (Apply=>Apply Online).
The information at any stage can be saved using the “Save and Proceed to Next Step” option. Once the applicant reaches “Submit Application” stage, a draft of all the information entered by the applicant will be shown. At this point the applicant is allowed to modify any details entered in earlier stages.
If applicant is sure that all the information entered is correct, she/he can submit the application using “Submit Application” option. Please note that the Applicant will not be allowed to make any changes in the information furnished once she/he submits the Application. After submission of application, an Application number will be generated.
Step 4. Only male candidates belonging to General/EWS/OBC categories are required to make a non-refundable payment of ` 500/- towards application fee with the applicable bank charges using State Bank Collect link provided on the website after final submission of the online application. The State Bank Collect facility can also be operated through the www.onlinesbi.co.in website by selecting State Bank Collect option => Click Check Box & Proceed => Select state as Maharashtra => type of Corporate/Institution as Others =>Others Name as NPCIL =>Submit =>Select Payment Category as Recruitment of Executive Trainees 2020.
SC, ST, PwBD, Ex-serviceman, DODPKIA, Female applicants and employees of NPCIL are exempted from the payment of Application Fee.
The applicant should use only this link for payment of fee. Applicant should mention Application Number generated in previous step alongwith all the other details correctly while paying the fee using State Bank Collect. Please note that it may take upto three working days to update the details of Application Fee. Once the details of payment of application fee are received from Bank, the applicant can view these details using the “Application Fee Payment Details” link.
Only after verification of payment of fee, the online application form can be viewed/printed. The printed application is required to be brought at the time of attending interview. The information with respect to Application Number, GATE 2018/2019/2020 Registration Number, name of the applicant, date of birth, mobile number and email id entered while making the online payment through ‘State Bank Collect’ should be same as entered in online application for verification of the payment. The applicable bank charges towards payment of Application Fee through ‘State Bank Collect’ of SBI will have to be borne by the candidate. The application fee can be paid through ‘State Bank Collect’ on any day between March 24, 2020 to April 02, 2020 only. The printed receipt of ‘State Bank Collect’ is required to be produced at the time of Interview.
For Queries / Clarifications
- Candidates may submit their queries, if any, under ‘Contact Us’ Link.
- Queries received during the period from 24.03.2020 (1100 Hrs.) onwards till 02.04.2020 (1300 Hrs.) will only be entertained.
- Only valid queries pertaining to recruitment of Executive Trainees 2020 will be entertained within the stipulated period.
|1.||Application Start Date||24.03.2020 (1000 Hrs.)|
|2.||Application End Date||02.04.2020 (1700 Hrs.)|
|3.||Interview Date||4th week of April, 2020 (Tentatively)|
- Smart work vs hard work: Which is better?
- What are the Navratna and Miniratna companies in India?
- The art of note making
- Notifications for Mechanical, Civil and Electrical Engineering Jobs
- What is the meaning of GATE Score Validity?