The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
– Infrastructure Architects for NextGen Network Projects work in client-facing billable projects to design NextGen Network architectures to meet the business requirements of the client.
– Architects with this specialty should have knowledge of emerging network technology and be able to incorporate this knowledge into network designs that encompass a client’s hybrid environment including public and private cloud and traditional data center environments.
– Capabilities supported include network function virtualization, WAN/LAN, data center networks, network security, and software defined networks (SDN)/Networks as a programmable service including cloud monitoring.
– The technical solutions include evaluation and selection of the software, hardware and services required to meet the client’s immediate and long-term requirements.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– At least 15 years of experience developing architecture and infrastructure solutions
– A significant experience in Consultative Enterprise IT Roadmap definition
– At least one active certification among these technologies (Cisco ACI, NxOS, Firewalling)
– Skills in these two technologies: Cisco NxOS, ACI
– Firewalling skills (example: Palo Alto, Fortinet)
– In-depth experience in the implementation of VXLAN, MPLS, DC architecture domains
– Experience in Hybrid Cloud Network architecture
– Experience in SD-WAN implementation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
– TOGAF Essentials certification
– Cisco CCIE certification
– Palo Alto and / or Fortinet certification
– AWS and / or Azure certification
– VMware Network virtualization knowledge
– VMware SDDC – NSX knowledge
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region’s technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company’s history and, today, IBM is much more than a “hardware, software, services” company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.