This is a truly exciting time to join Denbighshire Leisure Ltd, as we are a new Company with a well-established, passionate and driven team, who all have a culture of high performance and excellent customer service. Our past successes have led us to where we are today, with a reputation for great experiences in all our facilities and a team who thrive on the customer having the best experiences possible.
Our commitment to providing customers with the highest standard of facilities continues year on year, and a rolling programme of investment into our facilities has led to a well-deserved reputation for providing residents and visitors with sport, fitness and leisure facilities that compare with the very best of the private sector.
Club Nova is Denbighshire Leisure’s newest fitness brand, with a stunning new look and extensive cardio, strength and functional training zones and an exclusive members bar in the pipeline. Along with drive and ambition, and strong culture and values, the successful candidate will be an experienced fitness professional with a track record of helping others achieve their own personal goals.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To assist in the day to day delivery of all Centre and recreational activities and services provided within the centre.
- To assist in the preparation, setting up and dismantling of all related sports and events equipment, as dictated by the centre programme.
- To provide relevant support, and advice, coaching and supervision as required by the specific programmes and events.
- To deal with customer enquiries by both telephone and within the reception area. To receive and take customer bookings for specific programmes and events, and to receive and administer cash and/or cheque payments from customers for bookings, admission and goods.
- To deal with customer queries and complaints as appropriate and to provide general information and advice regarding the centres programmes of events and activities.
- To undertake an appropriate range of administrative work, and to act-up as Head of Shift for administering and recording all income and expenditure relevant to that shift.
- To support the Management team in ensuring the safety of all persons on or within the facilities, in accordance with the normal operating procedures and within the context of the 1974 Health & Safety at Work Act.
- To be a nominated key holder for the facility in respect of the centres 24 hour security system, and to provide support and assistance to all staff and management within the system.
- To undertake general maintenance and cleaning duties and any other related duties as directed by the Centre Manager.
- To be flexible, adaptable and willing to work on request at various sites, which could include other leisure centres, facilities or the beach.
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
The post-holder should possess a warm and friendly personality and have previous experience of dealing with customers in a service environment. The ability to handle telephone enquiries courteously and efficiently is of vital importance. Whilst not essential the ability to communicate in the Welsh Language is desirable.
Coaching and instructing skills are perceived as a necessary requirement for this post. An appropriate qualification (e.g. GNVQ Leisure and Tourism Level 2 would be considered advantageous. Fitness coaching and sports specific coaching qualifications along with the relevant coaching certificates would be desirable. Post holders must possess a Fitness
Qualification (minimum Level 2 Fitness ).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £9.62 per hour
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Social distancing guidelines in place