Director of Design & Technical Services Luxury IMEAT
The Director of D&TS Luxury IMEAT is responsible for leading the planning, design review and approval process of new-built and renovation projects within Accor’s portfolio of Luxury, Lifestyle and Leisure brands, from initial assessment of leads to project handover, in accordance with the relevant Accor brand standards. He/she will be the primary point of contact with the owner on all assigned projects after handover from Development, and will lead the design review and approval process in accordance with the services set out in the Hotel Consultant Service Agreement (HCSA) for the project. The primary focus of his/her review will be related to alignment with overall vision and strategic goals, incorporation of operational input, and review architectural design and planning and other technical aspects of the design not covered by others.
He/she will be responsible for managing between 10 and 20 projects at various stages of design and construction, and will be expected to travel approximately 20% for project related meetings and site inspections.
– Review of potential projects identified by Development Department and prepare High Level Reports and/or Property Improvement Plans
– Assist in the preparation of Preliminary Area Programs
– Prepare the list of preferred consultants for the project
– Lead the internal visioning workshop and prepare the final Visioning Statement
– Lead the project kick-off meetings with both the owner and the consultants
– Review and comment on all project documentation produced by the consultants for compliance by brand standards and design direction
– Coordinate feedback from all other internal stakeholders, in particular the D&TS MEP Director and ID Lead for the project
– Review the mock-up room and on-site installations for compliance with the approved design and relevant brand standards
– Assist the Pre-Opening team in developing the critical path for handover and opening, including participating in final inspections and creating punch lists of deficiencies
– Facilitate, maintain and improve common understanding of brand requirement between Marketing, Development, Operations, Technical Services, and other internal departments to sound as “one” to owners and consultants.
Knowledge and Experience
– Bachelor/Master Degree in Design or Architecture
– Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in the hotel industry working on Luxury projects
– Strong user knowledge of Acrobat, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office (AutoCad a benefit)
– Strong verbal and written English language skills; second or third language is a strong plus (especially French, Arabic)
– Good understanding of the luxury standards eye for details
– Serviced oriented with decision making based on guest experience
– Good presentation and influencing skills
– Multicultural awareness
– Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow’s hospitality.
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels’ more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.