Purpose of the position
— Operates ASU / HYCO/ CO2 plants and support maintenance activities (Preventive, Corrective and Predictive), following technical orientation, production planning and safety procedures and practices, preparing basic reports on these matters.
- Operate the DCS (Distributed Control System) for plants startup and shutdown operations to meet Company’s objectives and production targets.
- Monitor and control all process parameter conditions such as flow rates, pressures, temperatures, levels, etc, through displays, graphics and trend logs.
- Communicate with field operators for parameter adjustments in field.
- Report to Shift Supervisors in case of parameter abnormalities and process deviations immediately.
- Makes minor plant adjustments when necessary and reports any serious faults to the Supervisor with appropriate remedial actions, implements immediately the approved actions, procedures and standard emergency responses.
- Takes immediate corrective actions to limit risk to personnel, plant equipment and production during emergency situations.
- Monitor & Control the usage of raw materials, chemicals and other plant utilities effectively to an optimum level in safe manner.
- Prepare & Assist in preparation of necessary plant – operational reports as requested by Production Supervisor or Team Leader.
- Ensure the safe shutdown, isolation and blow down of relevant Section / plant during emergency situations.
- Assist in studying the problem and issues arising in the operation and process to identify suitable remedial measures.
- Identify and investigate the faults and inform the concerned departments, for remedial action.
- Adhere to Company’s HSE policy, standards and approved operating procedures while performing the duties / tasks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor such as taking part in training / developing new recruits / implementing orientation programmes, preparing necessary reports, plant shutdown and start-up procedures, etc.
- Read processing schedules, operating logs, test results of samples, and laboratory
- recommendations to determine changes in equipment controls required to produce specified quantity and quality of product.
- Set controls to adjust process variables, such as flows, temperatures and pressures.
- Execute defined preventive maintenance plans
- Review functionality of subunits and equipment
- Detect and inform opportunities to plant improvement
- Support corrective maintenance activities
- Support operational audits
- Responsible for recording, compiling, reporting and documenting operating data, and
- monitoring process indicators.
- Coordinate the start-up, shut-down (normal & emergency) and normal operations with field operators.
- Perform basic calculations for determining process parameters and material balances.
- Ensure compliance with safety, health, environmental and quality standards for operations.
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty as core values and as consistent part of his behaviour.
- Support Engineering Management of Change (EMOC
Required critical behaviours or competencies (suggest ca. 5)
Production planning, maintenance basic know-how, specific machines operation. safety with gases, handling/production process, basic software tools, specific machines operation, process understanding and technical skills
— Technical Education.
— Min 5 years’ experience in DCS Experience.
— English Level, B1 Intermediate English skills (CEFR).
- Job Location
- Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Industrial Production; Oil & Gas
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Industrial Plant Operation
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5 Max: 10
- Residence Location
- Eastern Province,Saudi Arabia
- Certification / diploma
- Min: 30 Max: 40