Job SummaryWorking under the supervision of the Group Chief Strategy Officer, the Corporate Governance Manager (Sr Manager/Director) will be responsible for making sure that robust and proportionate corporate governance framework & processes are implemented and adhered throughout all PIH Group.This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of a framework of rules and practices by which all Boards of Directors of companies under Power International Holding ensure accountability, fairness, and transparency in relationship with all stakeholders. The framework includes distribution of rights, responsibilities & rewards, and procedures for reconciling conflicting interests, proper supervision, control, and information flow. Stakeholders may include shareholders, board of directors, management, employees, customers, and the community.Job Accountabilities
- Establish, maintain, and update the governance framework, and monitoring compliance with requirements in framework
- Establishing and coordinating all required governance committees
- Participate in the development of the Corporate Governance policies and procedures in line with the Risk Registers, and the Group’s strategy and direction
- Provide key information to managers, board members and committees
- Establish the Corporate Governance Manual that is relevant to Power International Holding, appropriate and managed in a controlled way and serve as the custodian for the same.
- Develop Corporate Governance Guidelines that should be followed in the organization (example, Board of Directors size, composition, membership criteria, appointment, independence criteria, suspension, removal, and retirement).
- Establish the group wide Code of Ethics and ensure that it is followed by Corporate and Business Units.
- Develop and maintain the accountability and delegation of authority framework and oversee its implementation to ensure that all key decisions are taken in alignment with shareholder best interests.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop the Corporate Governance Model based on leading practice and the needs of the Group’s shareholders
- Functional charter of the Corporate Governance Structure (outlining the areas of focus, roles, protocols), and development of specialized committees (for example remuneration and nomination committee)
- Suggestion of oversight Board-level and executive Committees, if any that should be formed (Audit committee, Finance committee, Advisory committee etc.)
- Development of the governance principles and systems (i.e. proper controls and systems need to be set for oversight/monitoring of activities)
- Development of key activities that should be monitored within the framework that take into consideration risk, sustainability, economic /cost and employee wellbeing
- Conduct periodic review of the governance model of the business and recommend opportunities for improvement based on applicable leading practice and the changing environment
- Carry out special projects and assignments as part of the oversight function or as required by the Group
- Development of a reporting system that is reliable and transparent across the Group about Implementation of Corporate Governance Model
- Examine the Group’s adherence to the Delegation of Authority
- Ensure that meetings take place within the Board of Directors and ensure that minutes are documented and stored electronically. Ensure proper tracking on execution of Board (General Assembly) recommendations / resolutions
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Solid knowledge corporate governance practices.
- Strong understanding of database structures, reporting tools and computer systems.
- Should have good organizational and planning abilities including the ability to deal with/work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Should have strong analytical/problem solving and quantitative abilities.
- Should be able to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation skills.
- Should have excellent presentation skills.
- Should have strong influencing skills
Job ExperienceMinimum 10-15 years’ experience in the corporate governance function, of which at least 5 years in a managerial capacity in the design of a corporate governance framework and development of a delegation of authority matrix.CompetenciesCreates Strategy M2Demonstrates Accountability – ProficientDemonstrates Resilience – DevelopingDevelops Future Leaders M2Displays Customer Centricity C2Drives Performance M2Promotes Teamwork – ProficientStrives for Innovation – ProficientEducationBachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance, Accounting, Economics, Pubic Administration or business administration, and other related field
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Construction & Building
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies