Organizational Context:The post is based in Beirut Country Office (CO). The incumbent reports to the Procurement Officer.
Job Purpose:To perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed. Experience conducting supplier research and coordinating with retailers, wholesalers and traders.
- Review, record and prioritize purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP.
- Prepare Micro Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder
- Follow up on issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely deliveries
- Research, collect and analyze data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision-making by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Desired experiences for entry into the role:
- Demonstrated familiarity with locally purchased commodities/goods/services (e.g., cash based, in-kind donations).
- Experience conducting supplier research and coordinating with retailers, wholesalers and traders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement processes and linkages with other operations (e.g., logistics).
- Experience conducting analyses and developing reports.
Standard minimum qualifications:Education:Completion of secondary school education. University degree in the field of Supply chain, business management, finance is a plus.Experience: At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in the fields of procurement, logistics or supply chain.Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English. Knowledge of French language is added advantage.
- Job Location
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies