Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation’s growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
What you’ll be doing
– Follow all relevant accounting policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
– Implement activities under close supervision Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
– Check the completeness of all documentation provided by document controller/accounting desk control
– Prepare reconciliation for assigned suppliers, freight forwarders, customs, with the required supporting documentation and submit to Senior/Chief Accountant
– Adhere to the reconciliation schedule for all assigned suppliers or companies as the case may be
– Escalate all reconciling items as per the escalation matrix
– Responsible for providing all supporting documentation required for processing any payment for assigned suppliers
– Assume responsibility for insurance claims for lost and damaged goods for assigned suppliers
– Responsible for allocation of all prepayments made to assigned suppliers
– Responsible for working on AP aging particularly items/suppliers which are overdue
– Participate in month-end and book closure procedures & provide assigned reports to senior/chief accountant
– Participate and support the implementation and maintenance of the Oracle ERP
– Provide assistance in ensuring the work and deadlines of fellow team members is completed during periods of leave as directed by the Senior & Chief Accountant – Non-Allied Goods P2P
– Reconcile advances and expenses booked on monthly basis
– Raise Intercompany invoices, credit notes, debit notes into computer system using defined computer programs
– Book invoices from Intercompany suppliers
– Raise recharge invoices to Intercompany
– Reconcile records with inter-company customers and suppliers
– Prepare and update records for checks’ requests and invoices for payment to Inter-companies
– Prepare audit requirements under Inter-company scope
Treasury, Payments and Fixed Assets:
– Compile data and prepare a variety of reports as requested
– Allocate payments in oracle and raise online bank transfers
– Prepare and update records for checks’ requests and invoices for payment
– Coordinate with suppliers for the allocation of payments to their records
– File payment vouchers properly for future retrieval purposes
– Enter data into computer system using defined computer programs (Oracle)
– Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents and records
– Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable)
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group’s success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group’s competitive edge in today’s market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.